Travelling outside of Canada

DonnaL
Contributor II

I'm going to Cuba soon.  Will my phone work there with Lucky?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

RunUnicornRun
Contributor III

No, unfortunately, Lucky Mobile does not work outside of Canada. They do not have roaming services.

View reply in original post

MK4753
Regular Contributor II

Hey Shamousk,

Probably the reply wont be beneficial to you right now, however, I will still reply in case some other person encounters a similar situation.

Lucky Mobile DOES NOT WORK OUTSIDE CANADA!!.

It says you can receive international texts, however, that refers to the texts you get from any other country, if you are in canada. For example I can get Texts from China, India, USA, Peru, etc. on my Canadian Lucky mobile number while I am in Canada. Also almost all plan have worldwide texts included so that means you can send SMS texts to anywhere in the world from Canada.

View reply in original post

27 REPLIES 27

RunUnicornRun
Contributor III

No, unfortunately, Lucky Mobile does not work outside of Canada. They do not have roaming services.

can I then use WiFi on my phone instead?

You can certainly use your phone to connect to wifi (e.g., airport, hotel or cafe), and use whatsapp, skype, email etc. You won't be able to make or receive phone calls or send/receive text messages (sms).

Fonzy35
Contributor II

Dont bother, they wont roam

Yeah, I'm not sure if Lucky Mobile's app can work outside of Canada and USA. I haven't used it at all. I was hoping our forum admins would chip in and mention anything about the app. Still, maybe worth a try? 

Can I utilize my plan from Dominican Republic? temporarily calling locally while there and data usage

Hello,

I have the 15$ 100 minute Canada wide plan, and I am currently in India. I wish to receive sms's on my number from Canada to India.

Therefore, Id like to know if i can do anything here to receive text messages so that I can authenticate myself on the app and then do as I please 

Thanks!

Why my sim card does not recognize any available mobile network in Europe?

When travelling I may need to use authentication and get text messages to confirm or get access will I be able to do this I’m ASEAN? Vietnam Philippines Thailand? Thank you 

On a luky mobile cell phone, can I get SMS codes sent by banks implementing the two steps security when I am in Poland?

Does Lucky have a plan that I can use in Mexico?

I'm in Mexico with region 1 and no service?

Im going to the filipines will my phone work?

If I travel outside of Canada can I connect to roaming to continue using my Lucky Mobile phone number?