Temporarily pause service

kowjulie
Contributor

Is it possible to pause service for a few months when out of the country, then resume service when I return? I don't want to cancel and lose my phone number, just to start a new one again when I get back in the country.

8 REPLIES 8

Quest5
Contributor II

yes, as per their current policy one can hold a mobile number for 04 months, Just stop recharging it. Chatr mobile was holding this one for 06 months and now 03 months. But Lucky mobile is giving one month extra as compare to the others at present.

Yep, and here's the link to their Terms of Service explaining service suspension, and cancelation after 4 months.

https://www.luckymobile.ca/terms#33

doodeedoo
Contributor

If I'm not using my number for a while, but keeping some credit in my account, will I be able to keep my number for more than 120 days? Is it 120 days from the day my balance drops to $0? Or is it 90 days? Is any credit in my account (even if insufficient) automatically deducted to go towards the plan selected at the beginning of the billing period? What if I top up after the beginning of the billing period? Will it automatically go towards the selected plan? Do I go "into debt" having selected a plan that I'm not using and will I have to pay for inactive months later? Thank you!

OttawaUser001
Contributor

Is there an option to pause my Lucky Mobile account while out of country for a couple months? I would like to retain my phone number when I return, but do not want to pay a monthly fee for unused service. 

Shah
Contributor

Hi, how I can keep this number as I am going out of canada for few months, I don’t want to loose this number and also don’t want to pay every month 

Jiang
Contributor

I am not in Canada now. I want to pause my card (and monthly payment) while keeping the phone number to reactivate it in the future. Should I suspend it? If I suspend my service, can I restore it anytime?

If I want to pause service and payment, what should I do? How long can I keep the phone number?

Srsr
Contributor

Hello. I am planning to go abroad and stay outside of Canada for months. My phone plan is $ 15/month and I pay it with credit card. I want to use the same phone number when I return to Canada. Can I keep my phone number? Thank you.