Sim activation error

amAze
Contributor

I registered my sim card on Wednesday. Received an email saying it's now active. But can't access mobile network of any sort. I tried all suggestions. None worked, my APN'S all greyed out so I can't edit it. Oh and the app says I've exhausted all data, add a service pass or sth, which is untrue. The sim itself is very much active. Just doesn't work. The days have started counting and I would be very unhappy if I'm charged to pay on the due date if the issue isn't resolved. I'm using an Android phone by the way.

5 REPLIES 5

LuckyMobileKris

Hi there @amAze, and welcome to the Community.

We wanted to check in to see if you were still having issues connecting to your mobile data.

If so, the Community would need more details to better offer further directions. When you say "all suggestions", could you please elaborate?

Additionally for your APN settings, we would suggest checking out @LuckyMobileAntgio's reply on How do I change my APN settings?Opens in a new tab or windowfor more information.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

amAze
Contributor

All suggestions being restarting and rebooting my phone, removing and reinserting the sim, editing the APN which is impossible for now because it's all greyed out so I can't edit it. I also tried resetting the network settings, nothing changed. I tried switching off the phone severally to remove the sim and reinsert. Didn't work. And so I called customer service and it was confirmed it was active, was told to remove and reinsert the sim again, nothing changed. Then i was told to place the sim in another phone and it did work. I called my dad's line and it rang but returned to 'no service' back in my phone. So I checked my phone's compatibility with the sim using the IMEI number and it showed 'your device is compatible'. But nothing worked, on my phone at least. I then checked the mobile network mode and realized my phone doesn't run on 4G which was the plan I bought but rather 3G and 2G. I don't know if anything should be read into it. I've also used the suggestion by @LuckyMobileAntgio, keeping the mobile network and roaming toggles on before resetting the network settings. Still the same.

LuckyMobileKris

Thank you for your reply, @amAze.

Could you please further clarify as to what issues you're experiencing? Your initial post suggested that you were unable to use data, however your follow-up also suggests an issue with calling. Are you unable to send text messages as well?

Furthermore since you mentioned that you had inserted the SIM card into another phone and it did work, could you please share the model and OS of the phone you are currently trying to use?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

The sim is plain out not working on my phone. Never had. Unable to make calls, text or use data on my phone but it worked on the other phone. The phone's Model is TECNO BE6. HiOS is v7.6.0.

Thanks for the details @amAze ,

We would like to have a closer look into your concern and help where we can and have sent you a private message.

Please check your Messages within your profile avatar in the top right corner.

Unsure how to check or send a private message? See How to send a private messageOpens in a new tab or window