We increased our 3G data speeds

LuckyDRock
Community Manager

Another great reason to choose Lucky Mobile. Cheap and affordable phone plans and now faster 3G speeds!

Lucky Mobile’s 3G plans now reach speeds of up to 10 Mbps. This means you can stream and video call from your phone in HD without the need for Wi-Fi!

Restart your phone to enable increased speeds. There are no extra charges and no other changes to our customer’s accounts.

Check out our PlansOpens in a new tab or window

3 REPLIES 3

SlayCorpse
Contributor

In what universe does anybody see 10mbps on the 3G network? I've been with lucky for 5-6 years now and I have NEVER seen my data speed reach 1mbps. But 10mbps? Seems extremely exaggerated. I struggle every single bloody day with the non-throttled data, and the throttled data. All day long turning airplane mode on and off, trying to get my device to even pretend to be connected to the internet. On the throttled data, it says what, up to 128kbps? I struggle to maintain 20kbps... On the normal non-throttled data, i can usually see a maximum of 250-300kbps speeds maybe from midnight to about 9:30am, and thats still toggling airplane mode constantly to revive my connection. After 9:30am, i basically have no internet all day, aside from a few short lived moments of "oh nice its working finally..." 10 minutes later "nevermind NO, its not working." Ive reset my network settings multiple times, resulting in no changes, besides losing my wifi passwords, paired devices etc.. 10mbps HA! even if i built a treehouse in the cell tower, i highly doubt id see anything even remotely close to 10mbps. These last few days have been exceptionally bad, but there have been a few CME's aimed at the Earth, resulting in geomagnetic storms ranging from minor to major, so that could potentially contribute to my problems. If not directly, then indirectly. (Power grid fluctuations, frequency absorption etc) but, i digress.. its all a little bit frustrating lol.

It sounds like your location I’ve been with lucky for just over a year and live in a rural area and have no problem getting 100-150mpbs on 4G.    I used to have a 3G plan had no problem with service as well 

Try the live chat and talk to an employee I’m sure they can help with your problem 

have a good one I hope your problem is resolved 

MK4753
Regular Contributor II

Even I am using a 3G plan since they changed the speed from 3mbps to 10mbps. Whenever I do a speedtest with speedtest.net or fast.com, I receive 11mbps 90% of the time. I have never ran out of the data and tested the throttled 128 kbps. But i am pretty sure it will have a same 128kbps to 150 kbps speed. The reason which i think is constant is, we get connected to the LTE towers (4G) even on a 3G plan, however, its just that they cap the speed to 10mbps. Thus 3G plan gets a constant 10 mbps while 4G fluctuates between 100-150 mbps depending on the area.