Transferring a phone number to Lucky Mobile

Compumom
Contributor II

We signed up for Lucky and got our SIM cards at The Source locally, and the salesperson told us we cannot transfer our previous phone numbers (with Bell Mobility) to Lucky. He said it is impossible, but this website says otherwise. Even though he set up our SIMs with different numbers, are we still able to request the transfer of our original numbers? How do we go about it? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

LuckyMobileAntgio

Hey @Compumom

You can port your number from carrier to carrier as long as the mobile number is still active and account is in good standing.

You can find the information on our website by visiting the page; Transferring your phone number to Lucky MobileOpens in a new tab or window

View reply in original post

I was with Bell Mobility before I switched to Lucky Mobile. Just like in your example, Lucky Mobile's website said I could transfer my number. So, when I got a Lucky Mobile sim card and tried to active it/move my number from Bell to LM myself online on LM website, I could not compete it. It turned out that my number was not transferrable. The reason was, because at some point in time my number with Bell was a pre-paid account. So, I called Lucky Mobile customer service to help with the activation, and in 5 minutes I got my number transferred. They had to create a completely new number (account) for me, and then were able to move my phone number (account) from Bell to the newly created phone number (account) at Lucky Mobile - essentially replacing the newly created LM account with the existing Bell account. So, for less than 5 minutes I actually had 2 phone numbers - the one with Bell and a new one with Lucky Mobile. I did everything over the phone, and LM customer service was great. Hope this helps.

View reply in original post

11 REPLIES 11

LuckyMobileAntgio

Hey @Compumom

You can port your number from carrier to carrier as long as the mobile number is still active and account is in good standing.

You can find the information on our website by visiting the page; Transferring your phone number to Lucky MobileOpens in a new tab or window

I read that already, but The Source refused to even try. I am still keeping the old Bell accounts current hoping that you will tell me how to transfer the numbers now that the Lucky SIMs are already activated. PLEASE help us!!!

Onley
Contributor

If I purchase a new sim card can I keep my same phone number and if yes he is do I do that?

I was with Bell Mobility before I switched to Lucky Mobile. Just like in your example, Lucky Mobile's website said I could transfer my number. So, when I got a Lucky Mobile sim card and tried to active it/move my number from Bell to LM myself online on LM website, I could not compete it. It turned out that my number was not transferrable. The reason was, because at some point in time my number with Bell was a pre-paid account. So, I called Lucky Mobile customer service to help with the activation, and in 5 minutes I got my number transferred. They had to create a completely new number (account) for me, and then were able to move my phone number (account) from Bell to the newly created phone number (account) at Lucky Mobile - essentially replacing the newly created LM account with the existing Bell account. So, for less than 5 minutes I actually had 2 phone numbers - the one with Bell and a new one with Lucky Mobile. I did everything over the phone, and LM customer service was great. Hope this helps.

I am considering my phone number with another provider transfer to Lucky Mobile.

I would like to get to know as follows,

1. My current number with another provider is pre-paid account. Is that no problem to transfer my number to Lucky Mobile?
2. Can I choose whichever e-SIM , or Physical SIM when I transfer my current number to Lucky Mobile?  

Thank you in advance.

I am planning to get my wife a Lucky Mobile account but I am not sure if I can port our home number(Magic Jack) without going to a store.  I reviewed this website and forum but that is what they are asking me to do.

There must be an easier way, this company is selling us a technological wonder for so many $$$ a month, I am sure there is a way of checking if a home or any phone number is portable to their system.

Thank you.

My sim card is already activated with Lucky. 

I was just wondering how do I transfer my PC Prepaid number to Lucky? It says to have a current phone bill handy but there are no bills with PC Prepaid just an overview of the current plan

If for whatever reason I can't do that can I chose a custom new number with Lucky? 

MK4753
Regular Contributor II

Can someone from Lucky let me know that if i go to the store and successfully port my number from an active Fido account to lucky mobile today, when can i do the initial top up until. For example, I can port in today, but the vouchers which associate give to top up for the initial payment, i can top up maybe after 2 weeks or more? I am ok with my line inactive \for that duration, but its just i want to stop paying to fido from right now and port to lucky, but want to make my initial payment (via voucher) later. What is the max days i can delay until after the port in?

Did not receive a SMS when I tried to Transfer my nymber to lucky and also unable to view my new Lucky account. Please help!

Hello,

Is it possible, i can transfer / port a Textnow number (Canadian number) to lucky mobile ?. 

Hello,

I have already activated my lucky sim card and received a new phone number. However, I want to transfer an existing number from another mobile carrier. How do I do that after activation?

Thank you,
New Lucky User