how will I know when my number port is complete?

gramk44
Contributor

I'm a new lucky mobile user and porting from TextNow. The associate told me that because it's a landline (it's a VoIP number) to mobile port it would take longer but would be completed today around 9:30am.

I talked to TextNow this morning and they said they have approved the port out so now I just have to wait for Lucky.

I currently have a temporary number with Lucky. Will this just change when the port is complete? Will it change in my account on the app? How will I know?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I actually called Lucky mobile today and they were able to complete the transfer!

Outgoing calls and texts are working fine and show up with the correct number (it also shows up in my account) but incoming texts are mostly still going to TextNow it seems.

I'm guessing the best thing is just to wait a few days and see if it gets resolved?

View reply in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MK4753
Regular Contributor II

Hey gramk44,

I am about 65% sure, you cannot port a VoIP number, unless you were able to get an account number from TextNow.

However, if you did and requested a port in, it should be complete within 48 hours, if now then I doubt the port in for a VoIP number.

I actually called Lucky mobile today and they were able to complete the transfer!

Outgoing calls and texts are working fine and show up with the correct number (it also shows up in my account) but incoming texts are mostly still going to TextNow it seems.

I'm guessing the best thing is just to wait a few days and see if it gets resolved?

MK4753
Regular Contributor II

Perfect @gramk44, this means that number is ported over and probably within 24-48 hours, you should be able to receive calls on Lucky Mobile.

Good to know we can port out text now numbers.