Calling the United States

Compumom
Contributor II

I've read through the info regarding international calling and I don't see the United States listed anywhere except for the US Virgin Islands and the $50/month plan. How does one call a US number using a low-end voice plan, and what is the rate?

25 REPLIES 25

I am trying to call Nevada from Edmonton Alberta

DavidD
Contributor II

Good luck! I'm on the $25 plan and went through chat in trying to get a service pass that supposedly would allow me to call a US number. I was assured that the $5 add-on would do that, and I signed up for a month. But a week later I still get the "need a service pass" message when I try the call. I'm feeling pretty unlucky and misled.

I didn't mention it earlier, but my Lucky account now shows that I have the International Region 1 add-on (after days of waiting). But despite what the agent told me, it doesn't allow calls to the US. Just now, checking to see if it was working at all, I placed a call to a US Virgin Islands business! The list of Region 1 countries seems valid, but the agent was wrong and I can't find a way to call a US number. Bummer!

This is misleading. After getting the automated message that I needed a service pass to make the call I attempted, and chatting with two agents who supposedly set up the necessary pass, it's apparent that my $25 plan does not provide any way to call the US. I was assured that adding an international region would do that, but the agents were wrong. Please fix the erroneous message played when attempting a US call on a $25 plan, and inform your agents that only a more expensive plan allows calls to the US. I've wasted a lot of time in a futile attempt to call a US friend.

I just want to call a relative in the USA - the world's biggest economy but no plans are shown. Plans exist for all the little countries. How silly is that?

MK4753
Regular Contributor II

Hey Noramerican,

Plans starting from $50 and above have unlimited US calling included in them. However, there is no option for an add-on.

Why lucky offers Sercice Passes to call anywhere in the world but not to the USA?

I am currently on a monthly plan that does not include LD calls to the US.  Which Add-on or Service Pass includes calls to the US.  

I fully realize that I could change to a monthly plan that includes LD calls to the US.  I am not asking about that as an option.

Thanks.

There isn't one. If it's not included in your plan then it can't be done. This thread goes over the situation: https://forum.luckymobile.ca/t5/Lucky-Mobile-Community/Calling-the-United-States/td-p/109

US long distance calls now appear possible as a $20 Add-on.  Seems crazy that this is only now in 2024 being offered for Lucky subscribers. Kind of pricey. Should ideally be offered for $5/month IMHO.

Vomb
Contributor II

$20 service pass now available for unlimited calls to the US. 
There is no service once you are in the US so this is only for calls from Canada.