Lucky says I've used all my data but I haven't

MC1975
Contributor II

Hi,

My plan is 10G for $50 a month. I check my used data every day and have a general idea of how much I'm using right from the start of every cycle. So far I had used 5,75Gb when I got a message saying I'd used up all my data.

Also, last month I was only able to use half of my 10Gb data using the same type of plan with another SIM card and number because my data speed was throttled to be really slow after I'd only used 2Gb and I couldn't download any big files or watch videos. The usual ways to speed up a phone like shutting down apps,turning the phone off, restarting it  made no difference. 

Has anyone else noticed similar issues of a discrepancy between what you know you've used and how much Lucky thinks you have? What could I do to correct the situation? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Looks like the issue is on Lucky Mobile's end if their services show that you only have 6GB instead of 10GB. Additionally, from your post it seems this is not the first time.

Try contacting their technical support - call or chat (see the link). Let's see what they can do about it.
https://www.luckymobile.ca/support/get-in-contact/contact-us#targetID=sup_techSupport_Mobility_Voice...

In my case, it's been consistent and accurate, and I didn't notice any discrepancies with the data. 

View reply in original post

10 REPLIES 10

RunUnicornRun
Contributor III

Hi MC1975,

If you check your Lucky Mobile online account (https://myaccount.luckymobile.ca/) or the phone App, how much used data does it report?

For example, below is what I can see in my online account, and it shows 170MB used so far, out of the total 1GB. 

LM_data_img.png

Hi RunUnicornRun, 

Thanks for your reply.

It now says I have used 6Gb and have 0 Mb left even though my plan is $50 for 10Gb. I just don't understand why I'm out of paid for data.

Looks like the issue is on Lucky Mobile's end if their services show that you only have 6GB instead of 10GB. Additionally, from your post it seems this is not the first time.

Try contacting their technical support - call or chat (see the link). Let's see what they can do about it.
https://www.luckymobile.ca/support/get-in-contact/contact-us#targetID=sup_techSupport_Mobility_Voice...

In my case, it's been consistent and accurate, and I didn't notice any discrepancies with the data. 

Hi, Thanks for your advice, that's what I'll do.

natalia1996
Contributor
  • Yesterday I had to pay my monthly plan for 40 where included 2GB of data. I payed and I received a message where say that in my plan didn't include data and I had to do an adicional pay if a wanted include data. Please I hope a solution.

I just activated a new account few hour ago,  the $40.⁰⁰ pre-paid monthly plan witch comes with 4.5G of data by what i read at the time of activation... please someone inlighten me of something I could be misunderstanding ... there is no way I could use that much data in such a short period of time....

It says I’ve used up all of my data even though I just renewed my plan. Is there a phone number I could contact that’ll let me talk to a real person (not a bot) ?? 

Lonetreejim
Contributor

I’m new to Lucky as of yesterday.  I signed up for the $29/20+5GB plan.

All seems to be working and the Lucky website says everything is fine.  Usage shown in the app is 90.52MB used, 24.92GB remaining.

A banner at the top of the home page of the Lucky Mobile App however, states that I’ve used all my data and gives me to a link to “Add a service pass”.

Any thoughts on how to get rid of the banner?

Hello LonetreeJim,

My wife, stepson and I all signed up to Lucky Mobile on March 7. I didn't bother with the app nor did my stepson. I just monitor my account with my laptop and I had no issues of any kind. My wife however downloaded the app and had the exact same banner that you are describing, data all used and a link to add a service pass. Everything seemed to be working fine so she just ignored it, deleted the app and just checks her account on line using her ipad. So I have no answer as to what was going on but everything has been working fine ever since. If it persists just ignore it, maybe delete the app and just log in online.

Robert
Contributor

Why am I getting notifications saying I havemy data used up. I currently have 17% used out of 2.5g of data ?