Getting 3G speeds after upgrading to a 4G plan

Shivram
Contributor

Initially was on lucky $50 -3G plan and recently moved to $55 4G plan. After new plan took effect, Im still seeing 3G speeds. I have rebooted the phone, reset the APN and still none of them seem to work. Went outdoors to a very a good coverage and tested it and see speeds being capped at 3 Mbps from the speed test results clearly. Does anyone know how to get 4G speeds, which lucky promises - upto 50X, because, all I'm seeing is exactly the same 3G speeds

27 REPLIES 27

GCG
Contributor

Is anyone getting the increased speed? I upgraded and am still capped at 3Mbps. (over a week ago) Restarts and network resets have not changed anything.

Hey there @GCG

Welcome to the Community. 

Can you share with us where you're located so that we can further review your concern. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

• I just bought my 30$/ month plan with1G. At staples they said once I put my debit card number on my account and checked the automatic top up, I will get 4G. I did but no 4G yet! What should I do? Thanks 

Good morning, @Mar1. Welcome to the Lucky Mobile Community.

Could you please clarify as to what you mean by 4G? Are you meaning 4G speeds, or 4GB of additional data?

At this time, there are no plans with a 4G speed bonus for signing up with auto top-up.

If it's additional data, your usage in your Lucky Mobile My Account profile will show what's already included in your plan first - in this case, 1GB. Once you go through that 1GB, it will roll over to showing the additional data.

Hi - moved from another carrier to Lucky on a 4g plan. Up and running but seeing only 3G indicator and 3mbps speeds. I am in Scarborough, Ontario. Can I get instructions on how to get the 4g performance defined in my plan? Thank you

Hey there @newLMuserInScarborough

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post. 

In order for the Community to best assist, some clarification will be needed;

• Have you tried resetting your network settings and/or restarted your phone recently? 
  • Does it happen indoors, outdoors or everywhere?
  • Does it happen in a specific location or everywhere?
  • Have you got in touch with our technical support team to review your concern?

Give those a try and keep the Community updated with the results.

Hi - thanks for your response @luckymobileantigo. 

1)  yes - reset of both repeatedly - no change

2) happens everywhere

3) as above, everywhere

4) did tech support call, which did a network reset, which ended my call, and no follow up as expected.

With over five hours invested in store visits and calls, I’m struggling with my decision to move this line to lucky. I don’t have time to spend  time on more calls where it’s only results in more time effort. My plan documents say 4g, my phone says 3G . Tech  agent said “we don’t do 3G anymore”, but I still have another legacy line on 3G. So not sure what more I can do or need to do. All I know is the contract says 4g and I’m getting 3.2mbps. Something is broken.

i do appreciate the response regardless. Thank you

Unfortunately seems Lucky mobile is throttling 4g speeds, as I compared to Koodo which has full 4g speeds. Am leaving Lucky due to there business practices of false advertising 

Hi there, @newLMuserInScarborough.

We wanted to check in and see if you've taken the time to follow up with Tech Support since your last post. While it's unfortunate that they were unable to reconnect with you after completing a network reset, they would still be the best equipped to assist further.

If not, or if you had and they had been unable to assist further, please let us know so we can take the next step from our end. 

Shivram
Contributor

Im no longer a lucky customer, but if anyone from lucky is trying to address this issue, this seems to be happening primarily where bell shares RAN with telus in western canada.  That will be the starting point to debug

Hi @LuckyMobileKris  - unfortunately I did not have time and was "lucky" enough to find a new provider to get me back up and running.  Thanks for checking back on my issue.  Sadly I really thought the Lucky option would play out well for me.  But the marketplace is so competitive now, forcing a customer to be the only legs running in the process is not likely to be a winning strategy for Lucky.  I had a very reliable service on my original 3g plan so expected good things,  But getting a new service (4g) and getting such bad initial data service (3g and 3mbps) even after a tech  support call was a deal breaker for me.  I would suggest Lucky needs to ensure when they sell a service level, it is as advertised and if deviation occurs with that service level (identified through a customer support/tech support call), that follow should be a natural course of events.  The customer has to experience considerable wait/hold time to get to any possible resolution state and expecting customers to endure that again and again for a service level proposition that Lucky sold to a customer, is unacceptable, at least to me.  So again, sorry to leave the Lucky family, but the fact I was able to get a resolution faster outside the Lucky family, says it all.

It is not only western Canada ....

Never received a follow up from tech advisor, The plan I hooked up with as a promotion for new customers was not honoured, I am filling complaint with the complaint office for telecoms , Cancelling service returning to Public