Dollarama $20 deal - bar code not redeemable

DrStoxxman
Contributor II

I received a nifty bar code and have tried to redeem at two different Dollarama stores, the latest today at Metrotown, Burnaby. I was stuffed both times. The bar code is NOT acceptable as payment for the $20 gift card in Dollarama stores. To make matters very annoying, the customer service people at Dollarama are telling me they have nothing to do with Lucky Mobile at all. 

I believe it is Dollarama's computer system at fault, as the bar code payment option is apparently unavailable after the cards are scanned. (On the handheld scanner exclusively, OMG) In any event if folks are having similar issues they aren't alone, and this dopey issue needs to be fixed before we are a POed army. 

49 REPLIES 49

Andrew, I'm not a mod, just another user. I'm sorry for what happened. I used the gift card at multiple Dollarama locations in Toronto without any problems. 

Received a text message with the link of the Dollarama gift card, went to the store try to redeem but the bar code couldn't be scanned or not accepted. Emailed Dollarama but no help from them just letting me know "All situations with Lucky mobile promotions are under the responsibility of Lucky only. Apart from selling the card, Dollarama is not involved in the functionality/administration of it."

Please help.

Thank you.

Good morning, @Alan_2024.

We will be happy to have a closer look into it for you and have sent you a private message with the details that we need to get started.

Please check your Messages within your profile avatar in the top right corner.

Unsure how to check or send a private message? See How to send a private messageOpens in a new tab or window

Fromme99
Contributor

I have a same issue. Barcode cannot scan at dollarama. Please help.

Hey there @Fromme99

Please review the responses and accepted solution on the current thread and if the solution did not work, please clarify what happens or if any error message occurs when you attempt to redeem the offer at Dollarama. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you.