Dollarama $20 deal - bar code not redeemable

DrStoxxman
Contributor II

I received a nifty bar code and have tried to redeem at two different Dollarama stores, the latest today at Metrotown, Burnaby. I was stuffed both times. The bar code is NOT acceptable as payment for the $20 gift card in Dollarama stores. To make matters very annoying, the customer service people at Dollarama are telling me they have nothing to do with Lucky Mobile at all. 

I believe it is Dollarama's computer system at fault, as the bar code payment option is apparently unavailable after the cards are scanned. (On the handheld scanner exclusively, OMG) In any event if folks are having similar issues they aren't alone, and this dopey issue needs to be fixed before we are a POed army. 

49 REPLIES 49

i went to dollarama and was told that after swiping all my products that was embarrassing . that i need a card swipe on machine

Hi Im trying to reply and having so many issues... it says to correct the highlighted errors but there are none... and now it says I reached the maximum amount of messages

Hello, I received my Dollarama gift card barcode several days ago. I went to a Dollarama store today and the code doesn't work. I asked them to Select Card not Gift Card and they don't have Select Card, they have Select E-card, I also asked to use it as a credit card, it still wouldn't work. Two employees tried using the barcode, and it would just take forever saying Authorizing and declined in the end. Thanks

Hey there @edward

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post. 

We wanted to check in to see if you had verified to make sure you were in a participating Dollarama and also if you had any funds on the gift card when you visited the location? 

You can find more details by visiting Lucky Mobile SIM Cards at DollaramaOpens in a new tab or window on LuckyMobile.ca.

Let the Community know if you have more questions.

Hello,   

Thank you for your response. I followed this link https://www.luckymobile.ca/support/phone/sim-card-dollarama  - and it says it can be any Dollarama store because when you click Participating Stores it takes you to over here - https://www.dollarama.com/en-ca/locations - which is all Dollarama stores. I went to the one at 2561 St Clair Ave W.

No, they couldn't see if I had any funds because when they scan the barcode, it would take forever saying 'Authorizing' and then it would just say declined. 

Thanks for the clarification @edward , 

We will be happy to have a closer look into it for you and will need some extra details and have sent you a private message.

Please check your Messages within your profile avatar in the top right corner.

Unsure how to check or send a private message? See How to send a private messageOpens in a new tab or window

Thanks.

Hello. I recieved my gift card from Lucky Mobile for activating a SIM card and making 2 top-ups. A received a text message with the PIN and a link to the bar code, I then proceeded to my nearest Dollarama to redeem. The Cashier there said that they are experiencing difficulties trying to scan the bar code, it wouldn't work if he tried and said that I must request the numbers that the bar code equates to so he gave me an email to contact for support, before doing this I went to another Dollarama where I went through the same conversation with this cashier and given the same email to contact. I went home, sent a message to that email. Got an automated reply said a support team member would be in contact with me shortly, next day got a message from support member giving me yet another email to contact and to let them know my problem in vivid detail. I did so just to get the run around with another automated generated message saying that someone will contact me shortly. Another day goes by someone contacted me just to tell me that there isn't anything they can do because I didn't "purchase" the gift card myself, it was given to me by a service provider as part of a "promo" and said to follow the directions given with the gift card in order to redeem it. Useless. Pretty much just got a huge runaround. HELP ME PLEASE!! 

Hey there @HelpMe

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post. 

We thank you for bringing this to our attention and the issue has been corrected. You can now redeem your offer with the barcode as intended. 

Give it a try and keep us updated if any issues occur.

Hello, it didn't work. They were able to scan the card this time but it said "General Decline"

Thanks for letting us know @HelpMe

We will be happy to have a closer look into it for you and have sent you a private message with the details that we need to get started.

Unsure how to check or send a private message? See How to send a private messageOpens in a new tab or window

I received my $20 gift card from lucky mobile but the barcode won't show up to scan in the store.

Hi,

I have been months at this problem but it just says I have a balance of zero. I tried with my phone and a printed version as well. I have called customer service (lucky) and they sent me a new one and it did the same exact thing.

Now my roomate has gotten his recently and they asked him for a pin?? WHere does he get the PIN? He even has an apple device.

Please help

Hey there @dariaqc,

We will be happy to have a closer look into it for you and have sent you a private message with the details that we need to get started.

Hi, 3 months ago i bought a simcard in one of the Dollarama shops. I got a text that i received a giftcard from $20 for Dollarma. I went to the Dollarama shop and showed the barcode, but the lady said that the code is not working when she wanted to scan it. She told me to contact Dollarama. When i contact them they told me that they cant help me, and that i have to contact Luckymobile. hope you can help me..

I saw this a few days ago, and went back to the Dollarama and I showed them the instructions you posted on what the cashier needs to do, but they seemed super confused and basically told me too call lucky because it's their problem, not the Dollarama. They also stated that the card has never worked for any customers.

Please advise

Andrew