Dollarama $20 deal - bar code not redeemable

DrStoxxman
Contributor II

I received a nifty bar code and have tried to redeem at two different Dollarama stores, the latest today at Metrotown, Burnaby. I was stuffed both times. The bar code is NOT acceptable as payment for the $20 gift card in Dollarama stores. To make matters very annoying, the customer service people at Dollarama are telling me they have nothing to do with Lucky Mobile at all. 

I believe it is Dollarama's computer system at fault, as the bar code payment option is apparently unavailable after the cards are scanned. (On the handheld scanner exclusively, OMG) In any event if folks are having similar issues they aren't alone, and this dopey issue needs to be fixed before we are a POed army. 

49 REPLIES 49

Hey there @ap123 , 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for letting us know.

We'll be reaching out in a private message to gather more info.

Please check your Messages within your profile avatar in the top right corner.

Unsure how to check or send a private message? See How to send a private messageOpens in a new tab or window

I bought the phone sim at Dollarama since the packaging advertises that when you activate it you will receive a Dollarama gift card. Twice I have called customer service and they put me to talk to different people and in the end they send me a card with a $0 credit. 

Hi there, @Ninbaron. Welcome to the Community.

We'll be reaching out in a private message to gather more info. Please check your Messages within your profile avatar in the top right corner.

Unsure how to check or send a private message? See How to send a private messageOpens in a new tab or window

I have received a text with the info and barcode  for the 20 dollar gift card but when I went to the check out it said my card had no funds. Is there a way to fix it?

Hi there, @Jeff123 . Welcome to the Community.

We'll be reaching out in a private message to gather more info. Please check your Messages within your profile avatar in the top right corner.

Tried to use my $20 dollarama gift card. It Now comes with a PIN code. Store couldn’t work it

5501D001-EB3D-438D-A9C0-E40D96348AFD.jpeg

77D07B01-FB61-4FD9-998F-C6BC48C9DF67.jpeg

Hi there, @User669. Welcome to the Lucky Mobile Community.

My card doesn't even show a barcode just some numbers 

Hey there @DrStoxxman 

You are right! Lucky Mobile is very responsive.

Unfortunately, the employees at Dollarama does not have the mandate to active sim cards nor they have the possibility of selling top up cards.

Moreoever, Dollarama workers are of no help with the gift card bar code since this is above their ability. 

Please refer to this link https://www.dollarama.com/en-ca/corp/contact-us?origin=footer&c1=customer-service&c2=contact-us&clic... 

Follow these steps and write them your issues. You will also be able to upload files (pictures etc.)

Hope that this solution will solve many more problems.

Kindly

John Doe

Sans titre.pngSans titre.png 

How do I redeem my code then I feel ripped off n lucky mobile has been nothing but expensive to my usuage I thought it was a good service to use but seem to be getting no deals 

Well wondering how to get another gift card from dollar mama since my other one is obviiiusky no good to me n feel ripped off once again  another disappointment 

Hi there, @Sky-angel. Welcome to the Lucky Mobile Community.

We'll be reaching out in a private message with more info. Please check your Messages within your profile avatar in the top right corner.

Observer
Contributor

I think I know why it's not working and it's irritating me. It requires the Dollarama app to "activate" and "redeem" it (Though it shouldn't) and as the Dollarama app is only available on Apple devices, it just refuses to work on Android. The bar code in the link is void (Like a void cheque, but for bar codes. It's scannable, but doesn't do anything.) and there isn't a card number to put it in manually. The PIN has no use as you can't put anything in when it doesn't give you an option to do so. 

Hi... I got the dollarama gift card on my sms and I was so happy to use it, only to get super embarassed at dollarama when the gift card was empty and I had to leave all my shopping in the cashier. I felt so embarassed. Now I've message the support twice  at the lucky app, talked to 2 different agents, the last one said they were going to send a new gift card in 72 hours... still didn't get anything. I guess I won't be buying from Lucky next time... so disappointed. And cashier at dollarama said I was not the only one and that this happens often 😮

Hi there, @Riosurfgirl. Welcome to the Lucky Mobile Community.

We'll be reaching out in a private message to assist further. Please check your Messages within your profile avatar in the top right corner.