I can't send or receive picture texts

Michael
Contributor

Just topped up my phone and I have a data plan and can't send or receive picture texts. I could last time I topped up.

11 REPLIES 11

LuckyMobileAntgio

Hey @Michael. Welcome to the Lucky Mobile Community.

The community will need more details in order to help.

• Did you change your plan recently?
  • Is your mobile data turned on in the settings?
  • Does your plan include mobile data?
  • Are you able to send/receive regular text messages?

It may also be an issue with your APN settings. Check out our Support page on How do I change my APN settings?Opens in a new tab or window  for how to update and confirm your settings are correct.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Pasta
Contributor

I have a Pixel 4a. Have been able to send and recieve pictures in texts for months. All of the sudden it stopped working. Tried many solutions found on the internet, none work. Help please!

I can't receive/download or send MMS by wifi. Does anyone else have this problem?

Hey there @cleahrenner

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post. 

When wanting to send/receive MMS, your mobile data will need to be turned on even when on Wi-Fi in order for the picture to be sent/received via the data protocol. If you're facing issues after, this could mean that your APN settings are not saved correctly in your phone and can be verified via the link in our previous response above.

My mobile data is on and I tried resetting the APN as per the link. I was able to send/receive MMS via Wi-Fi previously. I have a small amount of "bonus data" with my plan which I normally do not use but this month an app used up all of this bonus data without my knowledge. Once that data was used, I started having the issue with sending/receiving MMS by Wi-Fi. Running out of data shouldn't stop me from sending/receiving MMS by Wi-Fi right?

Thanks for the details @cleahrenner

That would all depend if your base plan has data included or not. If you are currently receiving a bonus data add-on, once it is used up you will not have the ability to send picture messages. 

To learn more, check out our support article  Data FAQOpens in a new tab or window> Are picture and video messages included in my monthly plan?​

Why would running out of data affect my ability to send and receive MMS by WiFi? I was able to do so when I had a plan with no data at all.

As detailed above in the Data FAQOpens in a new tab or window, once the data in your plan is used up, you will not be able to send/receive picture and video messages until your bonus data returns.

By upgrading your plan to one that includes Unlimited additional data at reduced speeds of up to 128 Kbps, you will be able to continue to send picture and video messages while connected to Wi-Fi or on the go.

Lucky plans with no data, but unlimited texting don’t allow pictures in text?

Fordguy351
Contributor

I have the 25 dollar plan and cant text to the U.S and my friend cant text me from there, however I can text my local friends. I am not sending videos or images just trying to send a simple text.

Hi there @Fordguy351, and welcome to the Community.

For the Community to be better able to assist, could you provide some more info?

• Are you entering your friend's number correctly?
  • Are you sure your friend is able to send and receive texts from outside the US? They would need to confirm with their provider.
  • Is this happening with any other friends? Are they all with the same carrier?
  • Are you able to receive calls from said friend?
  • Are either of you using a 3rd party app? If so, have you tried with a stock SMS app (Google Messages, iMessage)?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.