Dollarama $20 deal - bar code not redeemable

DrStoxxman
Contributor II

I received a nifty bar code and have tried to redeem at two different Dollarama stores, the latest today at Metrotown, Burnaby. I was stuffed both times. The bar code is NOT acceptable as payment for the $20 gift card in Dollarama stores. To make matters very annoying, the customer service people at Dollarama are telling me they have nothing to do with Lucky Mobile at all. 

I believe it is Dollarama's computer system at fault, as the bar code payment option is apparently unavailable after the cards are scanned. (On the handheld scanner exclusively, OMG) In any event if folks are having similar issues they aren't alone, and this dopey issue needs to be fixed before we are a POed army. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @SubBrite. Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Lucky Mobile community.

The cashier at Dollarama will need to choose 'Select Card' instead of 'Gift Card' when completing the transaction. 

Let the Community know how everything goes.

- Patricia

View reply in original post

49 REPLIES 49

LuckyDRock
Community Manager

Hi @DrStoxxman ,

Thanks for your post, and more importantly; thank you for letting us know you’re having troubles redeeming your gift card via the bar code.

If at this time you are still are unable redeem in any form at your local Dollarama, we would be happy to investigate further.

DrStoxxman
Contributor II

Thank You for the kind attention. I have found Lucky Mobile very responsive, Dollarama not so much. For example I couldn't even activate the Lucky Mobile chip at first because Dollarama doesn't sell the 'top up cards'.  I was going to give up when I found the cards at Walmart.  I suggested Dollarama sell the cards too, they are worthless until activated at a POS, but that suggestion hasn't helped, apparently. What do I 'do' now? Try for a third time at Dollarama? That is frustrating and sometimes time consuming with lineups.

Hi @DrStoxxman ,

We have sent you a Private Message. Please check your Inbox, next to your Profile avatar. Unsure of where to find your Inbox, see this link

Thanks!

DaniSmiles
Contributor

I’ve been to a few locations since receiving my 20$ Gift card back on sept 27. None of the employees/managers are aware of what it is, or how to use it. Is it just not valid in Quebec? Not sure who To contact anymore… can someone help me?! 

I am having the same issue.

I have a different issue with the Dollarama gift card. I actually received the virtual gift card, the problem is that it's being declined at Dollarama. When the bar code is scanned, the system says Card Not Active. Can you help me with this concern?

I will be looking for a new provider after getting 100% ripped off on the Dollarama $20 sign-up promotion.

The barcode send by Lucky is not recognized at Dollarama and never was. Complain to Dollarama and they say its ALL Lucky's doing, complain to Lucky (multiple times) and you will be ignored. Pass on this ridiculous 'lost leader' marketing. I detest being lied to and this reminds me of my experience with Bell Canada in bloody spades.

I won't be back. 

I am having the same problem. The bar code does not scan, nor can I open the gift card in the Dollarama app.

Hi there @SubBrite. Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Lucky Mobile community.

The cashier at Dollarama will need to choose 'Select Card' instead of 'Gift Card' when completing the transaction. 

Let the Community know how everything goes.

- Patricia

I just went to the dollarama with the barcode I got via text for the 20$ and the cashier said I have no balance?? 

Hi there @Wman, and welcome to the Community.

We wanted to check in and see if you had the chance to try using your Dollarama gift card again. If not, the next time you visit try the advice given by @LuckyMobilePatricia above. 🙂

Additionally, it's recommended you give the gift card at least 24 hours after redeeming to let it fully activate.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

It's been 4 days.  I even tried again this morning.  It just says available balance is zero.  The cashier said that they have never seen it do that before.  They have seen plenty of gift cards.  Please help me 

Thanks for the update, @Wman. We'll be reaching out in a private message to gather more info.

Please check your Messages within your profile avatar in the top right corner.

Unsure how to check or send a private message? See How to send a private messageOpens in a new tab or window

Received my Dollarama gift card/code but it didn't have funds . Cashier scanned bar code as an e card

IMG_20230423_154212501.jpg

and gift card . The card number on the receipt does match my bar code.